A typical Monday around here for me goes like this...restless night because of Tony's squawks and Chris's nightly trip to the bathroom. For some crazy reason, this night we actually got a okay nights sleep with the exception of the cold. During those moments of awareness, I would shiver and try to find the warmth in our bed. I would begin to think how nice it would be to have thermal sheets and a comforter that did look like Swiss cheese, but then I do a double check because that would cost money. Before I knew it I was awake with a long To Do list forming in my head and the darn thought of thermal sheets started it all. Thankfully my weaken eyesight doesn't let me know what time it is and I can fall back to sleep.
Unfortunately my sleepiness doesn't last as the alarm clock shouts out and Chris's failed attempted to shut it off strips the bed of all the blankets and I get a blast of cold air. WOW...now I am awake, but Chris isn't so I have to endure the alarm clock repeated attempts to wake him up as he continues to hit the snooze button. As part of my New Year's Resolution, I am going to take advantage of waking up with Chris and get a few moments of peace and quiet before the kids get up.
After I finally get warmth back under the covers, the shrill sound of Chris's phone pierces the house and wakes Baby Tony up. Pulling the covers over my head, I pray that Chris will get done in the bathroom quickly so he can deal with Tony without waking up the rest of the kids. It's 6:30am and it isn't worth going back to bed because I have to be up with the kids at 7:30 anyway, but with no where to go in the small house I go back to bed anyway.
Now my alarm clock goes off at 7:38am but it is my turn to snooze the alarm clock, but my fear of waking up the non-school kids keeps me awake. The first day back to school after a very long Christmas vacation is always the worst so I prepare myself for the worst. I gingerly walk out to the living room/bedroom and whisper "wake up time". No response as expected, but there are movements. Nick is actually in a good mood and gets dressed and going fairly well, but Jasmine is another story. AAAaaaarrrgggg she is a bear in the morning. I get a glimpse of what I use to be like in the mornings and can only wonder now how my parents got through it. Jasmine is going to be JOY to be with through the next 7 years. Pay back is a BITCH right?
I get to fight Jasmine and try to keep them quiet so the rest of the kids can sleep, not a fun task at all. After a 20 min. fight, the kids are finally out to the bus stop. YEAH, two down and the other two are still asleep, but no peace for me. Oh yeah did I mention, Chris takes this moment to call home. NOOOOO afraid the phone is going to wake the kids, I don't get a chance to talk to him in a civil manner and only after hanging up the phone realize that I have now missed my opportunity to talk to my hubby for the day :-(
Tim has just arrived to work on the addition so I don't get a chance to relax in my warm addition so I scurry back into the old house to hide out. Back to bed I get to go (not really wanting to). Cleaning is out of the question because that usually wakes the kids and we have no TV to watch. I am out of books to read and nothing to write with and I left my computer out in the addition. So there I go back the freezing tundra of our room.
Monday Fun Day starts once the other two wake up...when does Chris come home??? I am not cut out to be stay a home mom!!! That is why I have started this journey of Happiness 2010, I have to find a way to make the most of these years that I am at home and cherish them because kids are only young once.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment