Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grocery Day and End of the Month recap

Why is grocery day like taxes? You can't avoid them and you get in trouble when you try to skip it. It always come down to the wire, but it gets done. I switched a few meals around last week but was able to make due. The chicken pot pie was a success and for sure goes on the list of re dos, but I am still looking for the yummy fried chicken recipe. This weeks grocer trip was the last of the budget friendly month but for sure I am going to go ahead with how I have planned it before. No more going into the store without a list, did it that way today and walked out with $159.00 worth of groceries and not sure what for the actual meals. I know it makes a difference because the kids are still at home during the days, but I did get a heck of a lot of junk too.

I think this month went pretty well for the budgeting part. I was able to get a few dollars back into savings and got comfortable with a limited budget for the future. With unemployment ending just around the corner I know for sure that we can survive. For next month, now that is a different story. I am not sure how I can get Chris on board to this one because he and I are up next on my list of resolutions. Remember how all those relationships experts say you are suppose to have a date night once a week? Well that is four times a month, that doesn't sound bad right? Tell that to Chris though. We will see......!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment