That is my middle name, the game I play. I'm still trying to get the motivation up to tackle the kids room and I can only do that one during the day because there isn't any light in the room. I looked around my kitchen and tally that one up as not going to do it until I move into the new kitchen. I pretty much use everything in the kitchen anyway. The living room is spoken for right now as the bedroom so I can't be moving anything in there too. So that leaves the master kids' room to finish off the first floor declutter. So hopefully this weekend I will get that done.
I am just going to go into the room with one big trash bag and toss it all out. I already did that really big clean back in June (remember the 7 bags of trash I hauled out of it) and that was when the kids stopped using it as their room. So everything has stayed the same in there minus a few pieces of clothing I can donate now and a whole bunch of stuffed horses. The question is....do I have to dust the place? Really since we are moving out of it right? Okay the next question is do I tell Chris that we need that dumpster now? In just that room we have two vacuum cleaners to throw out and who know how many things in the basement when I tackle that one next week.
Speaking of the basement, is it wrong of me to toss some of my husband's clothes without telling him? He still has a few boxes of clothes that he moved here from his parents' house that never got sorted out or all of his clothes down stairs that he claims he has to save because they are work clothes. I plan to be ruthless with my stuff down there so it's fair right? Everything gets slimmed down; 1 bin for winter gear -- minus the snowmobile gear, 1 bin for winter clothes, bye bye maternity clothes, 1 bin for shoes, 1 bin for summer stuff, 1 bin for books, 1 bin for school materials, and what do I do with all the "collectible" things I have saved? You know you have the same things I do...newspapers from 911, newspapers from the Twins World Series, yearbooks, but be proud of me I already burned the tin of notes from high school. I have to save my Korean memorabilia, but where do I put that?
Oh did I mention I have to clean out my pantry under the staircase in the new addition that now has become the store everything out of site spot. That is where all the extra cabinets, paint and tile got stored but that has to move to make room for food. Where does that go?
I see why people say you have to move at least once in your lives to simplify everything otherwise it just collects.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment