Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 2 of Advocare 24 Day Challenge

Things are looking up for me on this challenge.  I was able to down the fiber drink in 4 small shots and I believe that it is a mind game for me.  As long as I didn't look at the drink, I was able to drink it down.  I think tomorrow I am going to try and mix it with my SPARK energy drink.  I found out today that the SPARK drink has a slight fiber smell to it but taste really good.

The meal planning for me worked out better since I was out of the house most of the day with work and errands.  I was able to take my chocolate meal shake on the road with me and drink at my desk while working.  This is fabulous for me since that is what most of my work days will look like anyway, so I know that I can do that.  Once I got home, I wasn't starving like I am most days so I was able to take time and make myself a good chicken sandwich.  Even with the temptation of Pizza (Little Cesar) sitting in front of me for the rest of the family I was able to resist with with my strawberries, sandwhich, boiled egg and water. 

I hit the road after lunch to shoe shop with Bug and took my SPARK with me on the fly.  This helped me keep my hands busy and stay off my temptation to snack at my folks house; where they always have cookies and other junk food.  Once back home, I still was starving or tempted to snack on the junk around the house and even got on the bike and took the kids down the road biking.  My arse hurts from my previous ride, so buying a comfortable bike seat might be a necessity.  Kids loved the ride and keeps everyone active.

It is Chris's birthday so of course we bought him a cake, but we didn't slice into it yet.  I am wondering what other sweets I can eat that might help with my sweet cravings?  I will have to look into that.  It was left over night for us which isn't usually bad but with meatloaf, pizza, fried chicken and other small servings laying around I knew that I was going to stick with my trusty Rotisserie chicken.  BUT do you know what happen when I went to make my salad?  I couldn't find the chicken...I looked everywhere for that large yellow Tupperware bowl of shredded chicken!!!! 

So what happen to it?  I called my dear daughter up at her friends house, thinking she might have eaten some and left it somewhere (like her room which has happen before).  The nerve of Jasmine...she took the WHOLE container of chicken to her friends house!!!!  Grrrrr ;-)  Now I am out of my safe food here at the house. 

So at 9:00 at night, after putting the kids to bed, I made a fabulous grilled chicken, steamed asparagus/red peppers (just sea salt and pepper w/ just a little EVOO) and sweet potato meal (steak for Chris, it is his B-day after all).  It took 10 minutes and it was better than the chicken salad I was planning to make anyway.  So I guess I owe Jasmine a thank you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment