Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Making Progress

Okay it as been a few more weeks since I signed up for my first 5k and I think I am doing okay. I am up to running 30 minutes now. I feel pretty good when I run that and my legs are giving out before my lungs hurt. I am roughly running 3.1 miles in about 36 minutes so that makes it a 12 minute mile. Not bad for a first timer if I don' say so myself.

I wish Chris would take me up on the offer to run with me. Ever since cousin Lori passed, I am trying to make a conscientious (spell check isn't working right now) effort to get Chris healthier with me but I am striking out on that too. So if anyone can lend me a hand of that please do so. I am contiplating signing up for another 5k in Nisswa the same weekend we are visiting Grandma Beanie. Maybe I can get Chris to run that one with me too. I guess we will see.

So I think January has been a good month for me. I am down from my starting 142 lbs to 137.4 and more importantly exercising way more that I thought I would. Hopefully February is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment