Saturday, January 15, 2011

On My Way

The year has started strong and my first move in my way to a healthier me is on its way too. I have successfully signed up for my first 5k and I am successfully running on my treadmill for 20 mins. It may not be 20 mins consecutively but it is the couch-to-5k program that you can find on the Internet and am in week four of the program. I am also doing the Ifit program on my treadmill after the 30 minutes program of running which adds up to 1 hour of treadmill work.

I have to say that running isn't half bad but at the same time I am only up to 5 minute increments and next week that jumps to 8 mins. so I will be in for a battle then. I am 4lbs. down from my initial weight of 142 so I am about where I was at the down time of last years resolution so now anything I get below that will be an improvement but I can also feel it in my legs this time. Building muscles is so much harder than losing the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment